Siddhartha Chamber of Commerce & Industry (SiCCI), as an autonomous non-profit making private sector organization, was established in 1954 A.D. for protection and promotion of business community of Rupandehi district. The Bhairahawa Byapar Mandal Changed to Siddharthanagar Chamber of Commerce and Industry Rupandehi after the name of Lord Buddha’s Childhood name Siddhartha. Siddharthanagar is a beautiful city carrying the entire infrastructure of tourism and commercial recommendation, which is sited in the lap of scared holy place Lumbini.
SiCCI is the representation for private level commercial and industrial form as non-political, profit excusable & professional organization. SiCCI is affiliated with Federation of Nepalese Chamber of Commerce and Industry (FNCCI) as conscientious member. SiCCI,Rupandehi is the founder member of FNCCI . It has also been doing different astonishing work for the upgrade of economical, social, health and educational sector with in the district.
SiCCI had already celebrated its glorious golden jubilee and has established itself a firm private sector representative in the district. Thus, its wide representation is the acceptance and belief of the governmental and non governmental organizations in the district.
This Chamber has been active since its inception in achieving following objectives:
- Safeguard and enhance the interest, rights and privileges of the business and industry
- Strengthen national economy through the promotion of local, national and international trade
- Lobby and advocate for the safeguard the interest of private sector in the district
- Mediate on the issue and disputes related to trade and industry.
- Submit, Comment and recommend on the policy matters to the concerned line agency and to the central government
- Organize meeting, training-seminars in areas related to trade and industry so as to boost up and extend the profession in the district
- Organize exhibition, and participate in national as well as international trade fairs for the promotion of business
- Provide professional and technical information to the business people and information seeker.
- Collaborate with the national and international organizations for the promotion of private sector in the district